Thursday, September 18, 2008

hey now

Pflugerville's Valentino Bishop pulls in a pass for a 76 yard touchdown completion over Leander's Daniel Ruiz during a game last Friday. D300, Nikon 300mm 2.8

So high school football is in full swing and things are going ok. I've managed to get a couple photos that I'm not embarrassed to have my name under. I've nailed a couple of good spots in the local paper and made a few photog friends along the way. The photo above is one of the ones that didn't get printed. :0 Can't win 'em all I guess.

It is really amazing to me that schools don't put more lights on their fields. But I guess nothing is worse than the Granger field up in Williamson County. People literally pull their cars up to the fence with the lights on to help light up the field. I am shooting a game tomorrow night up in Liberty Hill. LH has won the last 2 straight state titles. I had the privledge to follow them all last year...but their field is dark as all hell. I HAVE to use a flash. I'm talking ISO 6400 @ 1/250th at the 50 yard line.


Anyhow, I took a little walk down SoCo the other day and made a stop at one big building in downtown Austin.

Bet you've never seen a photo like this. I wonder if the security guards get tired of people coming in and pointing their cameras straight up? D300, 10.5mm fisheye

Hey Cupcake! SoCo cupcake stand that I really enjoy. Nothing like a streamline trailer serving up red velvet cupcakes by the side of the road. Austin is pretty rad sometimes. And yes, some people still say RAD! D300, Nikon 85mm


I've also started to mess around with different photoshop techniques (as you can see above)....I wish 120 film wasn't so expensive to buy/develop/print...I would love to just shoot with my holga.


mmmmm....new stuff!

I also bought some new photo equipment the other day. Namely a new background stand. I can't wait until I get the chance to shoot some athletes in the future. I've got some things planned and I can't wait to get it done. I just have to buy some backgrounds! I'm thinking I'm going to grab a couple rolls of white and red paper. Anyone have any whitelightnings or alienbees they want to get rid of? :p

I've started a new project and I'm really looking forward to it progressing.

more to come

No comments: